Thursday, January 7, 2016




Tamanawas Falls hike is a easy year round hike. Today I hiked, rather snowshoed, to the waterfall. The hike is just under 4 miles round trip and gains about 500 feet elevation total. You are almost never out of eyes sight of the river and you hike. This adds to the beautiful setting with small waterfalls and just the beauty that the snow brings. Once you see the waterfall it is just breathtaking. The ice surrounding it is blue and it is something to marvel at. I brought my crampons and very thankful I did. The area around the waterfall is a sheet of ice so I used the crampons to hike up and behind the waterfall. Be careful doing to though and there was snow and ice falling at times. This hike can get very packed especially on the weekends.








No comments:

Post a Comment